In this section, we will explain how to broadcast a live audio stream to your Shoutcast 2 station.
Decide your live broadcast software
To perform a live broadcast, you will require software that is capable of connecting and streaming to your Shoutcast 2 server.
For beginners, we recommend starting with Winamp SHOUTcast DSP Plugin.
Connect your live broadcast software
Winamp SHOUTcast DSP Plugin:
Windows: Yes | Mac OS X: No
MP3 Streaming: Yes | AAC Streaming: No
Winamp is developed by Nullsoft, the same people who develop SHOUTcast itself. We recommend Winamp if you are new to internet net radio streaming.
- Download and install Winamp from www.winamp.com
- Download and install DSP plugin at shoutcast.com
- Start Winamp on your PC
- Open File -> Preferences
- Select “DSP /Effect” menu and then select “Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP”
- Select “Encoder” tab and configure bitrate for your stream. Please note that streaming above MP3 128Kbps requires a Shoutcast 2 Premium license from www.shoutcast.com.
- Configure Live Stream Settings (click image to enlarge) and press Connect